Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, August 2, 2010

Distractions are Good

Since I'm a 1st grade teacher.  I have had the month of June and July off to "relax".  (I actually taught summer school, so really just July.) Summer have it's good and bad qualities for your wlj.

Good
* More time to exercise
* Lot's of fresh fruit
* Time to cook for yourself

Bad
* Bored so you want to eat
* Bored so you want to eat
* Bored so you want to eat

As you can tell, I really struggle with being bored and wanting to eat.  That use to be my go to. Whenever I was bored out of my mind, I would head straight to the kitchen.  I had to find creative ways to keep myself from eating.  I tried reading, laying out, LOTS OF SHOPPING.  But all that I managed to accomplish was library fines, lots of freckles and an empty bank account.

I'm happy to report that I'm back in my classroom getting ready for the upcoming year.  I worked from 1-5:30 yesterday and I didn't think about food once.  It was so nice.  Now, if I can just get through cupcakes at birthday parties, faculty birthday treats, and surprise food from my teacher team this school year it will be a miracle! I think I can. I think I can.  The good news is: This Ain't My First Rodeo!

1 comment:

  1. I have that same problem!! When I'm bored I want to eat!! Its a hard habit to break.. I almost just binged because I'm bored but I walked away and went on a bike ride.

    ReplyDelete