Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fun Run?

So as I told you previously, I just moved in with some new roommates (Mom & Dad).  It's been way easier than I thought that it was going to be.  It is really nice having a workout buddy.  Monday, Wednesday, and Friday we get up at 5:00 a.m. to do our C25K.  If the training said to skip ahead and start running 2 miles than I would be following it.  But it doesn't, so I guess I'm not really doing it. I'm following the "Old Factor" .  You know, where one of the persons running is 50 and the other is 27.  The 27 year old would be shamed and banned from the family if they let the 50 year old beat them in any type of exercise activity?  Yep, that's the one that I'm training in.  Anyway, last night for some dumb reason I decided to stay up until 11:00 trying to hook up my printer, put activities in my new planner, basically anything that didn't really need to be done at that time, I decided to do. So you can imagine what my wake up call was like.  I'm not going to lie.  If I would have been by myself there is no way I would have gotten up.  I would have shut off my alarm and went back to bed.  But in fear of the "Old Factor"(it's hard to believe how effective that is) I dragged my tired butt out of bed and got dressed. The first mile was absolutely dreadful and I wanted to start walking.  However, the "Old Factor" just kept pounding in my ears and I somehow managed to keep my legs going to follow hers.  At the 2 mile mark I decided that if I wanted to get in better shape than I needed to push myself so I picked up the pace.  After a few blocks I could still see her shadow right beside mine.  Are you kidding me? I mustered all of my strength and dignity to move my legs a little faster.  When I got done I wanted to puke and call for an oxygen mask but hey I beat her :) 

All in all, it turned out to be a good run.  I felt great after it was over.  To top it off I wore my running pants inside out the whole time so the white tag on my butt was blowing in the breeze.  I guess that is karma because I call it the "Old Factor". 

No comments:

Post a Comment