Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, August 14, 2010

They Said It Can't Be Done

They said it can't be done to go to Olive Garden and stay OP.  Well, I did it.  I might have had a few snickers.  I might have even been the butt of a few jokes at our table.  But, I managed to stay OP.  Let me tell you how. 
Breakfast:
2 slices 80 calorie toast-1
1 egg-2
Total: 3 pts.

Lunch: 
Tuna Sandwich-2
Grapes-1
Broccoli-0
Total: 3 pts.

So I was going into dinner with 18 pts.  I was completely up front with the waitress and let her know that I was going to be a pain in the ass. :) I immediately asked if I could order off the lunch menu instead of the dinner menu.  She said no problem.  I asked that when she brought the salad out if I could get a smaller bowl of salad with the dressing off of it.  She informed me that they have a light salad dressing that she would bring on the side for me to try.  It was awesome.  I dipped my fork and didn't feel like I was missing out on anything.  So here is how I did.

Lunch portion Cheese Ravioli-11 (but didn't eat all of it so I estimated actually 9pts.)
Salad with light dressing on the side-2 (shared with mom)
1 breadstick-3

It was so good! I didn't even feel like I was missing anything at dinner.  So I learned that even if you feel like you are a pain to the wait staff.  That is what they get paid for.  Plus, you can tip well.  She was actually really helpful to me.  I had no idea that they had light dressing there.  I was just going to eat it without the dressing.  It pays to be picky!

3 comments:

  1. (I'm a new follower of your blog :)

    Way to go!!! I know how hard it is to plan out a days worth of meals just so you can eat out with friends. You did phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I just started following your blog too. You live in Chicago? I'm so jealous. I love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!!! Born and raised in Alabama but made my way up here about 4 yrs ago! Such a great city!

    ReplyDelete